About the course
To commune with nature and spend time in its majesty is a special gift, even more so during the winter months. Winter has a harsh, unforgiving reality, however, with careful planning, skills and knowledge it can also be a beautiful landscape to travel thought.
To travel through a frozen landscape is often a test in suffering and hardships and at the same time the rewards go beyond words and are often difficult to quantify.
The aim of this course is to experience early winter in Norway and cover the following:
- Tour planning, gaining knowledge about the landscape
- Staying alive in avalanche terrain, the signs, reading the terrain, a sense for snow and buddy rescue
- Travelling over snow, on Nordic skis and snowshoes
- Building snow shelters; quick emergency shelters and more substantial homes for the night
- Camping in winter
- Staying warm; what to wear and when
Combine it with other courses
This course can be combined with ski-touring and winter skills to make a package.
Accommodation is available on our farm from 250 NOK per person per night. Find it out more here.
Flights, train and getting there
If you need to rent equipment, that is no problem, just let us known in advance. You will receive a list of required items upon booking.
No previous avalanche skills necessary. Must be able to travel on skis or snowshoes.
We use first evening inside with theory, the rest of the course is practical instruction outside, traveling in avalanche terrain.
Upon registration we will send you a complete equipment list. There should not be any surprises on the equipment list. We will be using standard ski touring equipment and we have a good amount of rental gear available.
3600,- NOK pr person
Minimum 4 participants
Included in Price:
– all guide/instructor fees and expenses.
– all instructional material and location rental.
Not Included in Price:
– personal ski/avalanche rescue equipment and clothing.
– transportation to/from course location.
– travel insurance