About the course
This is one of our favourite courses; There is a relaxed pace and tempo during the week, we can spend time in the mountains, soaking up nature, the sounds, smells, sites, there is no rush, we spend as much time as we need on each aspect of Mindfulness & mountaineering.
The course will be based both at our mountain lodge and out camping in the high mountains. Each evening we go through the day, check in with each other, find out whats working, and what doesn’t and plan the next day. The participants of the course set the pace, tempo and goals, after all, it’s your course.
We build the course upon building blocks, so by the end of the week you have a toolbox of skills that can be turned to any mountaineering adventure.
No previous experience skills necessary.
- Gain a solid foundation in mindfulness and its application in everyday life
- Glacier travel – self & buddy rescue
- Basic scrambling / easy rock climbing
- How to use a rope when ascending and descending
- How to ascend/descend steep snow; with and without axes and crampons
- How to navigate with a map, compass and GPS
- Basic mountain survival if someone is injured or you get benighted
- Camping, skills, food and safety
- What to wear and when
- A closer look at nature and the landscape. It’s true beauty
We are always open and flexible to add additional subjects as and when required. The instructors we use definitely think out of the box.
Combine it with other courses
This is a self-sufficient course. However, it can be combined as part of our alpine mentoring program.
Accommodation is based at our farm and is included in the price. Find it out more here. We will spend some nights camping in the high mountains.
Flights, train and getting there
If you need to rent equipment, that is no problem, just let us known in advance. You will receive a list of required items upon booking.